OPEN PERMIT EMAIL
SPATIAL DATA PORTAL
Please be advised that you can use www.sdlportal.com to find out information about permit data, location details, assessed value, and owner contact information.
SDL Portal Dumont - Getting Started Guide:
Outdoor Dining / Outdoor Retail in Dumont
Construction Projects During the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis
The Department of Community Affairs has issued guidance regarding the construction industry’s concerns about the interruption of plan review and inspection responsibilities due to the COVID-19 public health crisis. The Borough of Dumont has instituted the following new policies and procedures for our Building Department:
- Local Enforcement Agents (LEA) will not enter any occupied building.
- CCO inspections will be conducted with an agent and no occupants. Permit close out (plumbing, electric, fire, building) necessary for CCOs are subject to vacant house restrictions.
- The Dumont Building Department will prioritize inspections necessary for the health and welfare of the public. Should in-person inspections not be possible, LEAs will employ creative solutions, such as video conferencing via platforms like FaceTime or Skype, whenever feasible, to conduct inspections.
- All required inspections for new construction and any work on the exterior or outside of any occupied building shall be performed as usual.
- Destructive inspections may be performed only if there is reason to believe that a life-safety violation exists.
- If an LEA feels uncomfortable for any reason, they may exit the premise.
Dumont Borough Hall has limited access to the public. Please call the Dumont Building Department at 201-387-5034 for clarification on these procedures or to schedule an appointment. These rules are meant to preserve the health of inspectors, contractors, and the general public. Thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Stay safe and healthy.
Building Department Downloads
New Permit Application Requirements
Construction Permit Application
Building Subcode Application
Electrical Subcode Application
Plumbing Subcode Application
Fire Subcode Application
Certificate of Continued Occupancy
NJ Fire Code Mandates when Selling or Renting a Home
Outdoor Fire Pit Notice
For any other Building Department forms, permits and applications, please click on the link below:
Parking Motor Vehicles on Lawns
BOROUGH ORDINANCE: "No person shall park, stop or stand any motor vehicle, or permit or suffer the same to be done, in any front yard area of any dwelling building except on driveways and parking areas located, constructed and installed in compliance with applicable Borough ordinances." [Amended 11-23-2010 by Ord. No. 1424]
Where in Dumont is it?
50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ